Who doesn’t love pie? We certainly do! And what pairs best with a fresh-baked pumpkin pie? Besides whipped cream, one of our SUPERIORE ovens of course!
Even cooking is a breeze with our large capacity ovens and up to four convection fans that create an optimal environment for baked goods. Our oven doors include triple-layered glass for incredible thermal insulation, while maintaining a safe, cool-to-the-touch knobs, handles and exterior window. Each door is also designed with soft-motion technology which allows it to be left open in any position along its arch, preventing slamming and providing a pleasant baking experience. Because preparing for the holidays is stressful enough on its own!
Grab your apron and let’s get baking!
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ½ tsp. cloves
- 4 eggs (or 1 egg and 6 egg whites)
- 3 ½ cups pumpkin (1 large pumpkin, baked)
- 3 cups evaporated milk
- Pre-baked pie shells (2)
- Begin by slicing off and putting aside the top of your pumpkin. Remove the seeds and pulp from the inside. Place your pumpkin on a baking pan, with the top back on, and pour 1-2 cups of water in the pan.
- Bake at 350° (180-190°) for 1-1 ½ hours, depending on the size of your pumpkin. Using a fork to check, cook until tender and pumpkin falls apart. Remove from the oven, allowing It to cool slightly before cutting and removing the inside of the pumpkin.
- Measure 3 ½ cups of pumpkin and place aside for pie filling. Leftover, baked pumpkin can then be stored in the freezer in a freezer-safe bag for up to 6 months.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in medium bowl. Beat eggs slightly in large bowl.
- Stir and add in pumpkin and sugar and spice mixture from medium bowl. Mix well, then gradually add the evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie crust shells and bake at 425° (220°) for 15 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 350° (180°). Bake for another 40 to 50 minutes, or use a toothpick to see if the doneness by inserting into the center of each pie and removing. If the toothpick comes out clean, remove pies from the oven.
- Cool on wire rack for 3 hours. Serve immediately or chill (do not freeze). Slice and serve pie topped with whipped cream and chopped pecans for added crunch!
*This recipe yields 2 pies.